Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A pleasant morning walk

The air was cool and moist this morning, and felt lovely on my skin.  Invigorated, I took a slight detour on the way to the subway station in search of signs of spring.

First there was the building with its hair on fire:


Down the street, you could almost feel one tree stretching out her limbs and her blossoms unfolding its petals:

After admiring the tree, I turned around to cross the street and was greeted by a lamp.


Lots of lamps.


What sort of place would have such unique lamps as decoration? I searched for a sign.


Ah, a school. 

Why on earth would there be a school for genies?  Perhaps a sister school to Hogwarts?  I'm surprised they're out in the open, though-- surely they'd be continually petitioned by Wishers.

I puzzled over it for awhile. It wasn't until I sat down at my desk at work that I realized it was a Lamp of Knowledge.

I like the magic genie explanation better, though, don't you?





No comments:

Post a Comment